Kenect Recruitment are looking to recruit a CNC Setter/Operator for our client based in Nottingham. We are looking for people to work on rotational shifts.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Produce machine parts by programming, setting up and operating a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine.
- Operating HAAS DT1, HAAS DM2 and XYZ 1510 and 1020 machines with Siemens 828d controller.
- Operate CNC and manual manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable product per work instructions.
- Set datums using wobbling edge finder / Renishaw probe / 3D taster.
- Maintain quality and safety standards, in line with company policy.
- Keep records of works and times.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and a clean working environment.
- Read and interpret technical drawings to determine machine set-up and production methods.
- Use precision measurement equipment to check machined parts against drawings.
- Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results, adjust program or notify appropriate person of deviation when needed.
- Perform machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
The ideal candidate will have experience in operating and maintaining a CNC machine. They will be able to read and work to engineering drawings and specifications. There is no requirement to be able to program but a basic understanding of the codes used will be necessary to change or edit basic paths.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must be able to:
- Competently and safely operate a CNC Machine without supervision.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Competent use of precision measurement equipment such as Vernier Callipers and Micrometers.
This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week with a rotating shift pattern.
Working hours will be as follows:
Morning Shift – 8% shift allowance applied
Monday – Thursday 6.00am – 2.00pm, Friday 6.00am – 11.30am
Afters Shift – 12% shift allowance applied
Monday – Thursday 2.00pm – 10.00pm, Friday 11.30am – 5.00pm
Salary is negotiable to the right candidate. To apply, please send a covering letter, along with your CV to email@example.com, or call us on 01332 898223.